Thursday, January 20, 2005

Initial Appointments

Counselor - I met with the counselor/psychologist to discuss goals and how I'm feeling. Lots of questions. I will be meeting with her in a couple weeks as well as a support group once a week.

Physical assessment - I met with a guy who had a "Personal Trainer" shirt on. I'm can't remember his name, but he had me do quite a few different tests-
1. Blood Pressure
2. Electrostatic body fat % test
3. Strength test (basically an arm curl attached to a machine)
4. Heart Rate test (Get on a treadmill with increasing workload until your heart rate reaches 160 BPM, then rest of a minute and take recovery heart rate)
5. A whole slew of body measurements (chest, arm, waist, and thigh circumference)

Doctor - I met with the 20/20 program Doctor (not my personal Doc) to discuss the results of my physical assessment. There were no surprises: I have moderate blood pressure, hypertension, and high cholesterol. They game me a lot of reading material on all my risk areas.

I meet with my Dietician and Personal Trainer in a week when I start my week 1 workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home